Generally, surveillance is split in to two categories, static and mobile.
Static surveillance is usually carried out with only one agent and mobile is usually two or more. Factors affecting the number of agents required include but are not limited to:
- The duration of the attendance
- The awareness of the subject/s
- The location e.g. an office block with two exits couldn’t be covered with only one agent
- The distance that the subject/s is/are expected to travel
- The movements of the subject/s
- The amount of evidence required
We are always happy to advise what we thing would be most appropriate depending on the overall aim of the investigation.